Sunday, November 11, 2012

My Other Creations: Idea Book

My good friend Amber (who's also my crafting compadre) gave me a notebook that is PERFECT for storing all sorts of pictures, clippings, thoughts and ideas (an unofficial "SMASH" book style of sorts).  It's a Brag Book made by Fancy Pants (love that company) that includes 50 journaling pages, 15 2-slot clear photo sleeves and 15 pocket pages to stash stuff in.  Very heavy duty as well as versatile.  It came with a plain brown cover that you can embellish or leave as is.  This weekend I decided to give the cover a little "oomph" and add some colorful division tabs as well.


The classy lady on the front is one that I cut out from a piece of patterned paper produced by our beloved Tim Holtz.  The Bingo card is vintage and was found at a thrift store.


Other paper brands I used include We R Memory Keepers (pale green chevron stripes), Recollections (brown polka dots), Graphic 45 (blue pattern behind the "brilliant" sentiment and also used at the top of the page), Simple Stories (diagonal stripes and floral print) as well as My Mind's Eye (blue wood background page).  The "brilliant" word is from a light bulb stamp set by Maya Road and I used a large scallop border punch by EK Success.

The different idea categories of my book now include ideas for home decor, ideas for craft projects, new things I want to investigate/buy, ideas for writing, and quotes that I like.  Good stuff and a kudos to my friend Amber for once again giving me a gift that keeps on giving!